1) Here is the final route: http://goo.gl/maps/k7FaC Note that we’ve added the Bikeshare docking stations to the route, too! We’ll ride for just about 10 miles, with a pit-stop at Yards Park and ending at The Biergarten Haus on H St. NE
2) PLEASE BE ON TIME. Meet time is 7:30pm at the DuPont Circle fountain. We leave at exactly 8pm so if you need to fix a flat, fill up your water bottle, find your friends, etc—please do so ahead of time.
3) STAY TOGETHER. We will have three ride leaders with flags on their bikes at the front of the pack. They will be stopping at all red and yellow lights to make sure our group stays together and stays safe. There will also be three ride marshals dispersed throughout the group. They will be reminding you to stay in one lane and making sure that everyone is having a good time.
4) CHILL. Some of you love to ride fast, some of you don’t. D.C. Bike Party is a slow, cruising ride and it’s meant for riders of ALL levels. We ask that those of you who love to ride fast do NOT try to lead the pack. The route takes us a long time to put together and when people who don’t know it get up front, you inevitably end up taking the ENTIRE bike party in the wrong direction. Uncool.
5) RESPECT. DC Bike Party is meant to be a fun, community building activity. We’re not doing this to upset cars or pedestrians, but when a huge group is taking up a lane of traffic, tempers tend to flare. If a driver or pedestrian gets upset, please say something like “Hi, this is just going to take a couple minutes. Thank you for being patient. We’re really sorry if this is inconveniencing you.” There is nothing gained by starting a conflict.
5) HELP EACHOTHER. Protect your fellow rider. If you see a pothole, train tracks, or anything else you think might be an issue, shout it out! It’ll create a human telephone chain all through the Bike Party and keep everyone safe.
6) GET INTO IT! The Cherry Blossom Chase will honor the DC April tradition of a mass arrival of tourists, so we expect to see you in as much DC swag as you can get your hands on. Also, most of you know we have a pretty epic mobile soundsystem, but with our size group it never hurts to bring your own tunes. Feel free!