1) Here is the final route: http://goo.gl/maps/uHZDK We’ll ride for just about 8 miles, with a pit-stop on 4th and Pennsylvania, ending at The Brixton on the corner of 9th and U St. NW. The have reserved the entire 2nd floor just for D.C. Bike Party!
2) PLEASE BE ON TIME. Meet time is 7:30pm at the DuPont Circle fountain. We leave at exactly 8pm so if you need to fix a flat, fill up your water bottle, find your friends, etc—please do so ahead of time.
3) STAY TOGETHER. The leaders are the people in the yellow D.C. Bike Party shirts. We will have several ride leaders with flags on their bikes, giant bike speakers, and a pedicab at the front of the pack. They will be stopping at all red and yellow lights to make sure our group stays together and stays safe. There will also be several ride marshals dispersed throughout the group. They will be reminding you to stay in one lane and making sure that everyone is having a good time.
4) CHILL. Some of you love to ride fast, some of you don’t. D.C. Bike Party is a slow, cruising ride and it’s meant for riders of ALL levels. We ask that those of you who love to ride fast do NOT try to lead the pack. The route takes us a long time to put together and when people who don’t know it get up front, you inevitably end up taking the ENTIRE bike party in the wrong direction, or way too fast. Uncool.
5) RESPECT. DC Bike Party is meant to be a fun, community building activity. We’re not doing this to upset cars or pedestrians, but when a huge group is taking up a lane of traffic, tempers tend to flare. If a driver or pedestrian gets upset, please say something like “Hi, this is just going to take a couple minutes. Thank you for being patient. We’re really sorry if this is inconveniencing you.” There is nothing gained by starting a conflict.
5) HELP EACHOTHER. Protect your fellow rider. If you see a pothole, train tracks, or anything else you think might be an issue, shout it out! It’ll create a human telephone chain all through the Bike Party and keep everyone safe.
6) GET INTO IT! The Robot Ride is meant to be a futuristic Daft Punk fueled ride through our fair city. Spray paint yourself with some silver body paint why don’t you?
7) Be safe. Show respect. Have fun. BIKE PARTY.